For years there has been a debate on whether private schools are better than public schools. With 30,681 private schools in the United States, parents have many options on their children’s education. Serving adolescents from elementary school to high school, private schools help to prepare them for the future. In the argument of which type of schooling is better, the facts tell all you need to know.
- Private institutions for educations make up 24% of schools in the United States.
- These institutions are usually smaller in size, with 86% having less than 300 students total. This allows for more personalized education.
- Compared to the average national SAT scores of 497 in reading, 514 in math, and 489 in writing, preparatory academy students did fairly better. Their scores were 541, 579, and 550 respectively.
- Class sizes in private schools in Miami are typically less than half the size of those in public schools.
- A recent study by the Fraser Institute found that of parents of children in private education, 72% strongly agreed that their child’s school was safe.
- In a 2007 survey also from the Fraser Institute, 91% of parents said the dedication of the teachers to their child’s education was the leading factor for choosing private school
Celebrities You Didn’t Know Attended Private School
Before capturing the attention of millions of people every Thursday night, Kerry Washington attended the Spence School, an academy in New York City.
Prior to becoming a film producer, actor, and screenwriter, Owen Wilson attended the New Mexico Military Institute.
In his early years, Denzel Washington was enrolled in the Oakland Military Academy by his mother. It was a private prep school located in New Windosr, New York. He credits the institution for changing his life because he would not have survived otherwise.
Steve Carell received his education from the Middlesex School in Concord, MA in his teen years.
Born and raised in New York City, Jane Fonda attended the Emma Willard School and graduated.
No matter what age or grade you child is going to or currently in, the quality of their education is most important. Not only do they need resources to a quality school library, but they also need teachers and a curriculum designed for success. Private schools help to achieve this while adding a lasting impression on their future. Consider private education for your child and set them up to be the best they can be.