Cheap Party Places for Kids Five Places You May Not Have Thought Of
There’s a lot of pressure today for parents to throw over the top birthday parties for their kids. Gone are the days of hiring a clown and having a few kids over to the house for a party. Kids and parents alike expect to be entertained at parties now. Themes, favors and activities are the norm, and if you’re not careful, you can find yourself down a very expensive rabbit hole.
The good news is that with a little bit of planning, there a quite a few cheap party places for kids that give you a blank canvas for making your kid’s party one that their friends will talk about for years to come. We’ve come up with a list of some of the best party places for kids that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
- Local Parks A party in the park is a great way to offer kids a lot of activities with a small price tag. Go as big or as small as you want, so long as the weather cooperates, the possibilities are endless.
- Craft Studio Places that offer art classes for kids are an affordable way to host a birthday party, as well as offering something a little bit out of the ordinary. Children usually complete a project and get to bring it home. This doubles as a favor and may even have you off the hook for a goodie bag.
- Cooking School Lots of grocery stores have an in-house cooking school that offers affordable classes and cooking birthday parties for kids. Come in, do some hands on cooking, have cake and presents, and it’s a slam dunk.
- Fire Hall A fire hall is a great place for a party for young kids. One low fee will usually get you the use of the actual hall for the party itself, and a tour of the station and the fire trucks. The lucky birthday kid may even get to turn on the lights and run the siren!
- Indoor Gym Lots of gymnastics studios have open gym time and are happy to rent out space for a party. Trampolines, obstacle courses and foam pits make a gymnastics party a clear winner for kids of all ages.
It may take a little bit of research, but cheap party places for kids can be found, and in most places, once you make the decision, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the party.